Dear First-Year Seeples,
The elections for your SIPA Student Association (SIPASA) is quickly coming up. Here is a quick download on what the next month will bring:
- Wednesday, October 18th: Candidacy Applications Open. SIPASA starts taking applications for people running for all positions. (Here is a list of the positions you can run for).
- Sunday, October 22nd: Candidacy Applications Close. 11:59PM. Application period closes for SIPASA candidacy.
- Monday, October 23rd: Campaign Week Begins. 12:01AM. Students are allowed to start actively campaigning. They are not allowed to campaign before this date.
- Monday, October 30th: Campaign Week Closes. 11:59PM. Candidates are not allowed to campaign after this date.
- Monday, October 30th: Debate Night. Publique from 8-10PM. Food will be provided. Debate for the executive board (includes the President, Vice President, University Senator, Treasurer,and General Secretary) and 1 minute speeches for chair positions.
- The debate will be moderated by the Executive Editor of TMP.
- It will be live-streamed online.
- The audience will have the chance to ask questions at the end.
- If there is only one person running for a position (including special program positions), that person will only have to give a 1 minute speech.
- Each Executive Board candidate will be allowed to give 1 minute introduction and provide a 2 minute response per subsequent question.
- Tuesday, October 31st: Voting Period. From 12AM - 11:59PM on Tuesday, October 31, the entire SIPA student body will vote for their representatives via Orgsync created by the OSA.
- Wednesday, November 1st. Results will be publicly announced.